Thursday 9 April 2009

CHANGED TESTIMONY


A farmer was criticized in court for having changed his testimony in a suit he filed against a motorist who had hit his horsedrawn wagon. "Why have you changed your story?" the defense lawyer shouted. "You SAID at the accident scene you weren't hurt. Now you say you were. Why did you tell my client you weren't hurt?"

"Well... this is what happened, "the farmer patiently explained on the witness stand. "Your client's car knocked me and my horse into the ditch. My horse was on his back, legs in the air, i was on my back, my legs in the air. Your client comes over and says, "This horse is badly hurt," and pulls out a .357 magnum and shoots him dead. Then he turned to me and asked, "Now how about you... are you hurt, too?"

There's nothing like a bit of persuasion to get a man to change his mind. accidents do happen and the unexpected may be right around the corner... Are you prepared?

If you think a seat belt is uncomfortable.... then perhaps you've never tried a stretcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment